Black mold can be easily removed from non-porous surfaces

by:BrightMart     2020-06-03
One drawback of using bleach for black mold removal is that it is a strong irritant and can cause breathing problems in people with asthma or similar conditions. There is also the need to use non-ammonia soap because ammonia and chlorine bleach can react to produce toxic fumes. Another drawback of bleach is that it can only remove surface mold - that is, mold which has not penetrated the surface of the infected material. When applied to a porous surface, bleach is quickly diluted, with the water penetrating the wood or concrete. This provides moisture to the roots of the spores that will soon recover, which could potentially start another cycle of mycotoxin production. A good alternative to chlorine bleach is borax. This powder can be found at any local pharmacy and when mixed with water, can become a strong disinfectant. As with bleach, you should mix one cup of borax to one gallon of water, allowing the borax powder to dissolve thoroughly. Since borax is not an irritant you can use it directly on the black mold spores, and scrub with a strong brush. You should then remove the residue and pour more of the mixture onto the surface. If the material is porous, the disinfectant will penetrate down into the interstices of the material where the roots of the spores are found. Hydrogen peroxide can also be used to get rid of mold spores. This can also be used directly on the affected area. You should first pour the powder into a dry spray bottle and then spray the area completely. Hydrogen peroxide is a strong disinfectant and will quickly eliminate any fungus that comes into contact with it. White vinegar is another effective fungicide that is found in most pantries. It should be used undiluted directly on the affected area and left so that it can kill surface fungi and penetrate into any porous material. Once it has dried you should refresh the area with a few more tablespoons of vinegar, depending on how large the contaminated area is. The strong smell can be an irritant at first but will soon disappear when the liquid evaporates. There are other substances that can be used in place of chlorine bleach and are just as effective in eliminating fungi. Some are good only on non-porous surfaces while others are just as effective in eliminating the roots that are deep down under the surface.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...